We are fans of the 12factor approach and portable code so you can configure most of Saleor using just environment variables.
- Controls Django’s allowed hosts setting. Defaults to
The URL of a cache database. Defaults to local process memory.
Redis is recommended. Heroku’s Redis will export this setting automatically.
If you plan to use more than one WSGI process (or run more than one server/container) you need to use a shared cache server. Otherwise each process will have its own version of each user’s session which will result in people being logged out and losing their shopping carts.
Defaults to a local PostgreSQL instance. See docker-compose for how to get a local database running inside a Docker container.
Most Heroku databases will export this setting automatically.
- Controls Django’s debug mode. Defaults to
- Default email address to use for outgoing mail.
The URL of the email gateway. Defaults to printing everything to the console.
Controls Django’s internal IPs setting. Defaults to
Separate multiple values with whitespace.
- Controls Django’s secret key setting.
- Controls maximum number of items in one cart line. Defaults to